Registration and Information desk
· Registration will take place in the New Education Building.
· Please have photo ID available (ID book, passport or driver’s licence) as this will be required to be allocated an internet login username and password.
· Registration will take place between 9:30 – 12.00 on Tuesday 2 July 2013.
Delegates who arrive early for the conference on Tuesday, 2 July 2013 are invited to participate in the following pre-conference activities sponsored by the University of the Free State. Please meet at the registration and Information desk 10 minutes before departure.
· Sculpture walk - 10:30-11:30
o This tour will give you a good overview of the campus, while seeing some the best South African Artist’s work on display across the campus.
· Nano Science lab tour - 11:00-12:00
· Twitter for Beginners – 10:00 – 12:00 in NEB Auditorium
o Maggie Verster will get you tweeting in time for the opening ceremony!
Questions, requests and lost property
Whilst we hope this conference will be an enjoyable experience for all, should you have any problems please let us know:
· Information Desk at the New Education Building.
· Phone Thakane from the University of Free State on 0726154143
· E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Security and access to venues:
Please wear your name tag at all times as you could be refused admission to venues without this.
It is the responsibility of all conference attendees to keep their personal belongings with them at all times. Non-conference goers will also be using some of the venues on campus and the organisers of the conference cannot be held responsible for any lost items.
· On 2 July 2013 tea will be served in the New Education building. You will receive a lunch pack during registration.
· On 3 and 4 July lunches and teas will be served in two venues – New Education Building and EBW Auditorium foyer.
· Meal tickets will be issued with your conference name tag at registration. Pink tickets are for the Education Building and blue tickets for the EBW Auditorium. Please swap with someone else if you need to.
· Please note that lost lunch vouchers cannot be replaced under any circumstances
· A warm coffee or cappuccino (for as little as R12) is available on your way to the exhibitions at the New Education Building from a true Barista for the duration of the conference.
· Shops at the Thakaneng Bridge offer snacks and light meals at reasonable prices.
· The conference is accompanied by an exhibition of a range of products and services related to ICT in the Classroom in the New Education Building. Please spend some time visiting the exhibitors and learning more about what is available to schools wanting to integrate technology in their classrooms. Some exhibitors will be offering prizes at the closing plenary to teachers who have visited their stands.
· Opening hours will be from 8:30 – 16:00 daily throughout the conference.
· Wireless Internet access is available in the three main conference venues.
· Instructions, together with a login code and password will be available at the information and registration desk in the New Education Building. Please have photo ID available (ID book, passport or driver’s licence) as this will be required to be allocated an internet login and password.
· As per the University of the Free State’s IT policy, all internet access is monitored and conference attendees are requested to keep internet usage related to activities directly linked to the conference and to use the internet responsibly.
· ICT Lab C will be available as an internet café for the duration of the conference. Delegates are welcome to make reasonable use of the facility during the conference.
· Please switch cell phones to silent during sessions.
· Please be considerate to presenters and other delegates, and do not enter or leave venues once a presentation has begun.
· Tickets will not be issued for sessions and seating is on a first-come-first-served basis.
· All inside venues are smoke-free zones.
Intel Teach Programme
This conference is organised by SchoolNet SA as part of its ongoing partnership with Intel® in South Africa. SchoolNet SA is the regional training agency for the Intel® Teach Programme. Several presenters will facilitate workshops around Intel® Teach Thinking with Technology and the Intel® Teach Elements range of self-study short courses. We encourage you to attend these sessions.
The ICTISE unit (ICT Innovation in School Education) at the University of the Free State
ICTISE is proud to be involved with the hosting of this conference at the Bloemfontein campus of the University of the Free State, in the heart of central South Africa. ICTISE supports schools to successfully enhance teaching and learning through the integration of technology. Please contact our STIC (School Technology Innovation Centre) at the South Campus for more information or to arrange a visit (051 505 1297). The UFS will also offer an Advanced Diploma in Education (ICT Practices) as a distance course from 2014.
Microsoft Partners in Learning Cocktail Evening
Please join us on Wednesday 3 July from 18:00 to 20:00 in the EBW Auditorium for the Microsoft cocktail evening. Our keynote speaker, Fred Baumhardt, will share insights into future technologies and learning. Also find out how you can win a trip to the Global Partners in Learning Forum. This will be followed by refreshments, music and networking. There is no need to dress up, no cost and all conference delegates are invited.
Be sure to attend the final plenary at 13:45 on Thursday 4 July. During this session keynote speaker, Naomi Harm will summarise 10 top tips to take away from this conference. There will also be lucky draws for great prizes that include laptops, tablets and cameras but you will need to be in the room to claim a prize.
o Please follow us on Twitter at @schoolnetsa
o During the conference we will tweet the latest updates on the program and special events, as well as other important information for participants.
o Please participate in the Twitter chat by using the hashtag #schoolnetsa
o Find each day’s twitter summary at Storify site https://storify.com/SchoolNetSA or on the Schoolnet blog
o See the conference blog at http://schoolnetsa13.blogspot.com for posts about the 2013 ICT in the Classroom Conference, as well as the SchoolNet SA blog for regular posts on a range of topics.
o Give SchoolNet the thumbs-up on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/SchoolNetSA
o Join the UFS ICT in the classroom group on LinkedIn
· Visit the SchoolNet SA website www.schoolnet.org.zato find out more about our events and offerings.
Program at a glance
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
9:00 – 12:00 Registration
10:00 – 12:00 Pre-conference Twitter for Beginners session
10:30 – 12:00 Pre-conference Campus Tours
12:00 – 14:30 Opening Plenary
14:30 – 15:00 Tea
15:00 – 17:00 Session 1
Wednesday, 3 July 2013
8:30 – 10:30 Session 2
10:30 – 11:00 Tea
11:00 – 12:00 Keynote
12:00 – 12:50 Lunch
12:50 – 13:50 Session 3
14:00 – 15:00 Session 4
15:00 – 15:30 Tea
15:30 – 16:30 Session 5
16:40 – 17:40 Session 6
18:00 – 20:00 Microsoft Partners in Learning Cocktail Evening
Thursday, 4 July 2013
8:30 – 9:30 Session 7
9:40 – 10:30 Session 8
10:30 – 11:00 Tea
11:00 – 13:00 Session 9
13:00 – 13:45 Lunch
13:45 – 15:00 Closing Keynote